A Photography Permit is required for all types of posed and/or professional photography. This includes, but is not limited to: family photos, engagement photos, sweet 16 photos and wedding photographs.
- Applications must be completed no later than 1 week prior to requested date
- Photography is permitted outdoors only. Permits are rain or shine.
- The fee for a photography permit is $100 for 1.5 hours between the hours of 10:00 am – 4:30 pm April thru October and 10:00 am – 3:30 pm November thru March.
- Permits may be limited on holidays and holiday weekends, or when other special events are scheduled in the park which may impact facility use.
- On the permit date, all cars and limousines must pay $8 Vehicle Use Fee (VUF) when entering the arboretum. The photography permit does NOT include the $8 VUF fee into the arboretum. (Only 2 limos per group please)
- Buses require an additional permit fee of $75.
- All vehicles must park in the Visitors Parking Lot. Parking is not permitted on the grass or alongside of any roads within the arboretum.
- Permittee may not obstruct or interfere with the free flow of pedestrians or vehicular traffic nor may they interfere with the use of the premises for arboretum and recreation purposes to the public. In addition, because we are a public garden, there can be no reservation of a particular area.
- There are no drones, helium balloons, confetti, rice, rose petals, alcohol, or doves allowed on arboretum grounds.
- The permit must be carried by the permittee and be available upon request by Park Police or arboretum employees.
- Drones are not permitted on the Arboretum grounds.
Because of limited parking on special holidays and during special events, we cannot issue Photography Permits on the following dates:
- • July 4, 2016 (Independence Day)
• July 24, 2016
• July 31, 2016
• August 7, 2016
• August 14, 2016
• August 21, 2016
• August 28, 2016
• September 5, 2016 (Labor Day)
• October 9, 2016
• October 30, 2016 (Suffolk County Marathon)
Outdoor Wedding Ceremonies
Wedding ceremonies on the grounds of Bayard Cutting Arboretum may be held anywhere outdoors on the property and but requires a Park Use Permit which can be obtained at the park office at Bayard Cutting Arboretum.
- The fee for a wedding permit is $100.
- Wedding ceremony must take place during normal arboretum open hours.
- Restrictions are: no chairs, decorations, or obstructions of any type.
- Capacity is limited to approximately 20 persons.
- Indoor ceremonies or photographs are not permitted.
If you have any questions or for more information please contact the arboretum office at (631) 581-1002.