A Photography Permit is required for all types of posed and/or professional photography. This includes, but is not limited to: family photos, engagement photos, sweet 16 photos and wedding photographs.
- The 2018 Application must be completed no later than 1 week prior to requested date
- Photography is permitted outdoors only. Permits are rain or shine.
- The fee for a photography permit is $100 for 1.5 hours between the hours of 10:00 am – 3:30 pm.
- Permits may be limited on holidays and holiday weekends, or when other special events are scheduled in the park which may impact facility use.
- On the permit date, all cars and limousines must pay $8 Vehicle Use Fee (VUF) when entering the arboretum. The photography permit does NOT include the $8 VUF fee into the arboretum. (Only 2 limos per group please)
- Buses require an additional permit fee of $75.
- All vehicles must park in the Visitors Parking Lot. Parking is not permitted on the grass or alongside any roads within the arboretum.
- The permittee may not obstruct or interfere with the free flow of pedestrians or vehicular traffic nor may they interfere with the use of the premises for arboretum and recreation purposes to the public. In addition, because we are a public garden, there can be no reservation of a particular area.
- There are no helium balloons, confetti, rice, rose petals, alcohol, or doves allowed on arboretum grounds.
- The permit must be carried by the permittee and be available upon request by Park Police or arboretum employees.
- No Drones
Because of limited parking on special holidays and during special events, we cannot issue Photography Permits on the following dates:
- April 1st (Easter)
- April 27th (Arbor Day Event)
- May 5th (I love my Park Day)
- May 13th (Mothers Day)
- May 28th (Memorial Day)
- July 4th ( Independence Day)
- July 22nd (Summer Concert Series)
- July 29th (Summer Concert Series)
- August 5th (Summer Concert Series)
- August 12th (Summer Concert Series)
- August 19th (Summer Concert Series)
- August 26th (Summer Concert Series)
- September 3rd (Labor Day)
- October 28th (Long Island Marathon)
- November 11th (Veterans Day)
Outdoor Wedding Ceremonies
Wedding ceremonies on the grounds of Bayard Cutting Arboretum may be held anywhere outdoors on the property and but require a Park Use Permit which can be obtained at the park office at Bayard Cutting Arboretum or from Belmont Lake State Park at the permit office.
- The fee for a wedding permit is $100.
- The wedding ceremony must take place during normal arboretum open hours.
- Restrictions are no chairs, decorations, or obstructions of any type.
- Capacity is limited to approximately 20 persons.
- Indoor ceremonies or photographs are not permitted.
If you have any questions or for more information please contact the Arboretum office at (631) 581-1002.